Friday, November 30, 2007

Our First Thanksgiving...

On Wednesday, Holden and I prepared the banana pudding, the hot pineapple casserole, and the sweet potatoes. Holden was a huge help. I enjoyed the time we spent together. He added ingredients while I mixed it all up. I left the toppings to be completed Thursday morning before going to MeeMaw's.

Unfortunately, Thursday morning didn't go quite the way we'd hoped. I woke up in the middle of the night with chills and freezing! I pulled the extra quilt up on me but never got warm. I was running a fever of 102.1 and coughing like crazy. My head was pounding and never could stop shivering. Thanksgiving morning, I knew I wouldn't be able to join Holden and Jason with the family.

I made Holden watch the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade with me, so we could at least do one thing together as a family that day. I managed to get the toppings on the sweet potatoes and pineapple, but went to bed as soon as the boys left for MeeMaw's. While they were gone my fever went up to 103.6. Jason and I knew something was seriously wrong, but it was Thanksgiving--Nothing was open but the hospitals. I didn't want to do that.

I spent the rest of the weekend in bed coughing and in pain. I went to Care Now, but that was useless...they told me it was a sinus infection. On Monday morning, I got into my own doctor and found out I had a pretty bad case of pneumonia. I have spent the entire week in bed and missed a week of school--again!!

Now that I am coming back to the living world, I am ready to get ready for Christmas. But before I do, I need to be sure I don't forget to share what I am most thankful for.

1. I am thankful for God's grace and mercy. I so don't deserve it, but I get it anyway!
2. I am thankful for the family God has given to me this year!
3. I am thankful for my loving husband, Jason.
4. I am thankful for my amazing son, Holden.

Eighteen months ago, I would have never dreamed that I would be writing this today. God has given me the man and the child of my dreams! I am so blessed!

No comments: