Sunday, October 11, 2009

Two more weeks.....

Tomorrow I begin two weeks of 5 protein shakes a day.
Total of 800 calories a day and 135 grams of Protein.
I have to tell you...I am so afraid of my ability to drink them 5 times a day for 2 weeks!
In the next two weeks, I will probably lose a few pounds. The purpose of the liquid diet is to shrink the liver, so the surgeon will have more room in the abdominal cavity.

October 26 is the big day! I am having a Roux en Y Gastric Bypass.
This weekend, Jason has lovingly allowed me to eat at my favorite restaurants.
Thursday night, Holden and I went to the State Fair, and we had Fried Butter, Fried Oreos, and a yummy corn dog. Last night I brought home Olive Garden. Fettucini Alfredo.
But that all ends today.

I will use my blog to journal my successes and struggles.
I will publicly list my weight and measurements.
I hope you will celebrate and cheer me on.

Today...
Weight 242 Pounds
Chest 48 inches
Waist 44 inches
Hips 56 inches (Jason lovingly pointed out that that is almost as tall as Holden)
Upper Thigh 31 inches
WARNING....the following pictures may contain disturbing images! :)

4 comments:

Cindy W said...

Raechelle-
I am so proud of your transparency through this process. I will be praying for you through all of this. I know it will be a challenge, but know that I will be cheering you on and celebrating your successes along the way! Maybe you'll even inspire me to drop a few much-needed pounds! Love you!
Cindy Wilson

Anonymous said...

Raechelle:

You are a beautiful person with a spirit that could light up a room.

I know you will be successful on this journey…you go girl!

Keeping you in my prayers.

-Whitni

Anonymous said...

Good Luck Raechelle!! Im sure everything will go well... I will said a prayer for you :) Hang in there!
Sheila

HeatherH Mobile said...

I'm cheering for you,Raechelle! I know this will change your life, and I hope what comes along with this surgery will be wonderful beyond description!!

Love,
Heath