Sunday, October 18, 2009

Seven Pounds Lighter

Today is my 7th day on full liquids, and I have lost 7 pounds! At this rate, I should be about 15 pounds lighter on my surgery day. That will help my surgeon immensely!
It hasn't been easy, even for Jason and Holden who are having to get used to not talking about food around me. They won't have to do that forever, but right now the cravings are still there!

Last night we were in the ER with Jason due to his blood pressure dropping way to low. He collapsed in the nail salon after all three of us had pedicures. Once we got to the hospital, the temptation to just grab fast food was insane. Holden had to eat, and so did I. Luckily I am overly blessed to have my mother-in-law and sister-in-law so close. They stopped at our house and made me a shake, and picked a burger up for Holden. So I didn't have to "cheat".

I can not cheat if I want this surgery to be a success and without complications. For my sake, my family's sake, and my student's sake, I will do everything exactly as the doctor orders!!!

SO...to wrap this up and go see my husband at the hospital....
10/18/2009 Weight 235 pounds!!!!!!

1 comment:

Krista Sanders said...

Okay-- I am officially up to date. Wow!! Liquid for 7 plus days now! Jeff told me about the ER trip from Facebook. How is he now? Email update.
I am so proud of you. I know this is very difficult. You are very determined and WILL do it. I know you can!