Tuesday, April 1, 2008

My Husband's Work Ethic


Jason left this morning for his first business trip to Maryland. I am so proud of him!
Let me tell you about my husband's work ethic!

When he comes home from work he is exhausted because when he is at work, he is there 110%. He takes his responsibilites very seriously and is often the recipient of a complimentary email from a client or upper management. This week he has been chosen to go to the coorporate headquarters to be trained for something new. Jason said he is being treated like he is "someone important" instead of "just an escrow person". Well, my sweet husband, you are someone important and you deserve to be treated like it.

Jason is so good at being a people person! He knows how to talk to people in a tone that is never condescending and yet gets his point across. I can remember when I first met Jason, I used to love calling him at work because of his voice. I must admit--I thought it was rather "sexy". It still is. But my husband knows how to communicate with people. He knows how to make them feel comfortable and makes sure he has heard their concerns and tries his best to work with them until they are satisfied with the solution (even if it isn't what they originally thought they wanted the solution to be).

If there is a tough situation at work (or home), Jason is the peacemaker. I don't personally know everyone he works with, but I do know he is respected by everyone at work--even when he isn't doing the "popular" things. Jason is a man of integrity and makes sure that if he is at work, he is earning his paycheck every minute. He doesn't expect anything of anyone else if he isn't willing to do it himself.

Jason is not in management nor does he have a lead position right now, but he is still the man that people look to when a problem needs to be solved. I am so proud to be able to say, "He is my husband!"

I love you, Jason Ivy.

2 comments:

Lori Garbarino said...

What a wonderful Post! Very encouraging and such an example of a Christian in the workplace. Thank you , I am Inspired and I am going to use him as an example for my work,

God Bless!

Lori

Krista Sanders said...

How is that for SWEET????? Oh my gosh. I love reading this about the man we prayed for for SO long. God did immeasurably MORE!!