Sunday, March 2, 2008

OUR NEW HOUSE!!!!

Friday afternoon, February 29, 2008, Jason and I signed papers to buy our first home!!!  

The morning of the closing we went to the furniture store and picked out a kitchen table, a TV stand, and a sectional with ottoman.  They will be delivered on Thursday!  It will be so fabulous to have a new home with new furniture.  Neither one of us have ever had a house with really NICE furniture, so we are extra thrilled.  

We picked up Holden from school and headed to the walk through and Title office.  Janet and Keith were both at closing to make sure everything went smoothly.  Holden got his own little room to watch Shrek.  It was perfect.  We went in had a few cookies, signed our names 100 times, and we owned a house!

After signing everything we went down to the house and just enjoy being there.  Jason's mom and Granny came over.  We took down all our materials we needed to paint Holden's bedroom on Saturday.  It was such a long day, but worth every minute of it.

When I woke up Saturday  morning, I ran an idea I had over night about painting Holden's room.  it would be a challenge, but we decided we could at least give it a try!.  Holden and I went to Writing Camp at my school, and when we got home, Jason had been Superdad.  He had done a ton of work around the apartment.  He had carried a bunch of boxes down to the garage and taken our bed apart.  He went to Home Depot and bought himself a toolkit. 

We headed down to the house to tackle painting Holden's bedroom.  It doesn't look perfect, but it looks amazing!  We painted one full wall blue.  One the side walls, we used a laser to tape off a diagonal line from the top corner down to the bottom.  The line turned out FABULOUS!!!
I was amazed that we did such a great job on our first attempt at creative painting!!!

Jason hung up a really cool ceiling fan in Holden's bedroom.  It is the nicest ones in the entire house!!  It was so fun watching my husband with his tool belt on and being my Mr. Fix-it!  Being in an apartment our first year or marriage, I haven't gotten to watch my sweet man be "Tim the Tool Man".  It was really kinda hot!  haha  

Saturday night, Holden went to MeeMaw's to spend the night with his cousins.  Jason and I spent our first night together in our home!  It was really fun!  We used an air mattress and slept in the living room.  It was so quiet and dark!  No cars, no airplanes, no neighbors upstairs walking!  The wind started blowing and it blew through the chimney.  In the morning I stepped outside and could smell the cows from the dairy farm!  

Now we have 5 days to box everything up and have it ready to move Saturday  morning!  I can't wait to be out of our apartment and we spend our first night in the house together as a family!

3 comments:

Krista Sanders said...

So happy for you THREE! It's been a long time coming! Yea!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

So great!! Sounds like you all will absolutely love it :)

Sheila

Lori Garbarino said...

Wow I am so happy for you guys, I feel like I was a fly on your wall I totaly have a mental picture of all of you painting Holdens Wall! :) Oh the beauty of the written word. I can not wait to see pictures! The Lorid is good and worthy to be praised. I am praising with you.

Lori Garbarino