Sunday, January 13, 2008

A NEW HOME???

Last week Jason and I started to discuss the possibility of buying a home.  Our lease is up in March, so if we want to purchase, we needed to start looking quickly.  We really wanted Holden to stay in the Grapevine-Colleyville ISD, but weren't sure we could afford any homes in the district.  After church on Sunday we decided to drive around the neighborhood of Holden's school.  There were several homes for sale with a few in our possible price range.

My dead friend, Janet, from church is a realtor, so I called her on Monday.  
We received our pre-approval letter the next day!  Jason and I started looking online for homes.  Janet took us out looking yesterday.  The first home we looked at was a duplex.  I wasn't sure about the idea of a duplex, but the price was right.  As soon as I walked in, I was impressed.  I immediately loved all the room and the floors!!  No carpet except on the stairs!!!  Which means, no constant scrubbing and cleaning up after cats when their food doesn't like their bellies.  

It slightly worried me that we loved the first house we looked at, but Jason and I agreed that this would be perfect for us.  We made an offer.  Now we wait.  Janet has told us that there is another offer on the table, but it looks promising.  I really want this home!
Let me chase a rabbit for a minute and tell you a little more about Janet.  I met Janet through our women's mentoring program at church probably 4 years ago.  Little did I know what a big part of my life she would become.  When I told her Jason had asked me to marry him, she was so excited for me and asked if she could help and do my flowers.  And what a gorgeous job she did!!!  Not only did she do my flowers, she made sure that every little detail I had overlooked or didn't even think of was done.  It is because of this godly woman that our wedding was as classy and beautiful as it was.  Now Janet is part of another huge step in our lives.  I know that Janet is in our corner praying for us.  Thank you, Janet!

Back to our possibilities:
Holden would be able to ride his bike or walk to school.  He would have friends in the neighborhood to play with and a backyard!  Did I mention the wooden deck in the backyard for BBQs???  

I know if it doesn't work out, God has something better for us, but I still can hope and pray that this is His best for us right now!!!!  

No comments: