Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Christmas 2007 Memories

Just a note--you can click on any picture to see it larger!!!  :)

The first thing Holden did on Christmas morning was stand at our bedroom door and say, "Can we open presents now?"  Jason and I rolled out of bed, and Holden tried hard to be patient while Jason got his cup of coffee and we got situated in the living room.  Before opening presents, Holden and Jason read the Christmas story from Luke 2:1-20.  

Holden was ready to dig in to the presents as soon as we were finished.  He definitely made out this year!  He got several video games, books, a few clothes, and other goodies.  Santa brought him his Webkinz and Lego Star Wars Imperial Star Destroyer!!!  Jason bought me a beautiful watch and jeans--it meant the world to be that he went to an extra effort to get me exactly what I wanted.  I am a lucky lady.  I got Jason a 30th Anniversary Star Wars watch.  It is pretty awesome looking.  

After all the presents were open, we watched the Disney Christmas Parade.  I made breakfast and the boys started working on the Star Wars Lego set.  I played the Star Wars Lego Wii game with Holden a little while.  Jason thought my personal sound effects were funny.  It is fun swinging the lightsaber!  

After spending a couple of hours playing with all of the new stuff a little bit we got ready to head to MeeMaw's.  I couldn't wait to give her the Storybook I made for her of the three grandsons.  She loved it.

This was my second Christmas with Jason's family.  I love watching the boys get so excited.  Holden was beyond excited!  He got Guitar Hero III from MeeMaw, PawPa and Greg.  I knew that between him and Jason, our living room would never be the same!  
He definitely made out this year!  He also got several new games for his DS that he earned in November!!!  (Big Brain is my favorite--my brain is the biggest in our house).  Angie and her family got him his precious Zelda DS accessories box.  No one is allowed to touch it but him.  

After we finished opening presents, Holden looked and me and said, "I got everything I wanted!"  What a great thing to hear from your child because there was always that thought in my mind, "Oh I wish I would have gotten that" or "I forgot to get this", but Holden didn't miss anything.  He was thrilled with everything he got, even his new belt!

Having my own family for Christmas is such a treat.  Watching Holden open presents and listen to his excitement was so fun.  I still had to "be a mom" and tell him to "calm down" a few times and to "remember you are inside" and to "not be so loud".  But he was incredible to watch.  I know he won't be a child much longer, and I kept telling myself to leave him alone and let him be a kid on Christmas!  Jason sweetly reminded me a few times also.  :) 

My little embarrassing moment was when Jason's mom gave me a gift set of Britney Spears perfumes!!??!!  Even Jason's initial reaction was, "Why did she get you that??"  A few minutes later Glenna explained to everyone that she figured that the Spears girls are so fertile, maybe it would rub off on me!!!!  

The most precious gift Jason and I received was when we got in the car to go home and Holden said, "We have a great family!"  What a great thing to hear from your child!  I know that made Jason feel fabulous!  Jason has done everything in his power for almost 10 years to give Holden the best of everything, and I know that had to have touched him in a special way.  Holden deserves a great family!  We are gonna do everything we can to continue to give it to him!  Then Holden said, "This is the best Christmas I have ever had!"

I want to end this post with the funniest memory of the day--It happened as soon as we got home!  As we were walking up the stairs, somehow the question of whether we would have a baby for Christmas next year came up.  I told Holden it takes 9-10 months, so it was possible.  He said, "I know how it happens, Mom.  You guys just have to DO IT!"     Need I say anything else???   Out of the mouths of babes!!!!  

2 comments:

Krista Sanders said...

Your Christmas sounded great-- so glad you have a wonderful memory for your first! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you guys made great memories! :)