Saturday, December 22, 2007

Just Have Fun....

It is three days before Christmas and I am home alone!!
Jason and Holden just left to go Christmas shopping for ME!!!
I can just sit here and think about my amazing family!

The last three days have been great.  I had lunch with a dear friend on Wednesday, and she said, "Just have fun."  I have heard that many many times in my head since then.  
 
Wednesday afternoon I got to be the "MOM" instead of the "TEACHER".  I went to Holden's class Christmas Party.  The kids in his class were so polite.  Even after my big behind knocked a bowl of confetti on the ground, they insisted on picking it up and were embarrassed to tell me that it was my fault.  haha  It was really a lot more fun than I expected.  
Holden and I went to lunch, shopping and the movies on Thursday after school.  We just had fun.  We went to see Enchanted.  I think it was a little 'girly' for Holden, but it was cute.  

Now as I sit here in the house alone, it feels strange knowing that my husband and son are Christmas shopping for me!  :)  This will be our first Christmas together as a real family.  Yesterday I spent two hours wrapping all the presents.  I wanted to go back to sleep after Jason left for work but Holden told me to "Wrap some presents, Woman!"  He was ready to see gifts under the tree with his name on them.   

It is so exciting to see him so excited.  He has been counting down the days!  But what I love is that every time I ask him what he is so excited about he says he can't wait to open his gifts.  But he always follows that up with looking forward to celebrating Jesus' Birthday.  Jason and I really want to start some special traditions for our family.  

Only three more days!  I can't wait to watch Holden on Christmas morning!  He will only be a little boy for a few more years, so we must enjoy every moment!!!  

Thank you, Sarah.....I will "just have fun!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am glad what I said helped, have a great, blessed Christmas break! Sarah