Friday, October 17, 2008

"He looks just like you!"

That is the statement I heard at least a half a dozen times last night!  

Last night, I took Holden with me to our Fall Carnival at my new school!  We spent the first hour playing games and winning candy!  As we walked around, all the new teachers in my life got to meet Holden for the first time.  Most of them don't know that Jason and I have only been married for a year and a half.    They just know I am married with a 10 year old son.  

It was awesome to hear these words over and over.  "He looks just like you!"  Holden would just look at me and smile, and I would get that warm fuzzy feeling in my tummy!  I just smiled at them and said, "Yes, he does, but he has his daddy's blue eyes."  

In the car on the way home, Holden and I were talking about it.  Holden said, "Even though it is politically impossible."  I just chuckled and said, "No it isn't impossible.  It was all part of God's perfect plan."  Holden just sat in the back seat and agreed with me.  Then he asked me what if he didn't look anything like me.  I told him that wouldn't matter "you're still my son".

"I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him."    1 Samuel 1:27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brought tears to my eyes. God Bless your family.