Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Run over by a truck named Weasel!!!


This morning at approx 5:45 am, as I lay sleeping soundly, my precious little feline, Weasel, was frightened by some unknown source. Next thing I knew she was running over my face at full speed. I screamed and said a word that "good girls" shouldn't say, Jason jumped up, and she flew through the air!

I immediately put my hands to my face. I was injured in the lip and above my eye. Jason told me to turn on the light. When I did, my hands were covered in blood.

Jason rushed me to the bathroom to clean me up. When all is said and done, I am covered with a dozen small scratches, a fat lip, and a swollen eye lid that is slightly black and blue, and there is blood on my favorite sheets!!!  

Click on the picture to get a close up of the full damage.

Jason also has a nasty scratch on his arm.

Our school nurse told me I needed to go to the doctor to get some antibiotics.  I listened but was not happy when I finally saw the doctor.  After getting a little chuckle out of my situation, she politely asked, "When was your last tetanus shot?"  EEK  I was afraid that would happen, but it wasn't as bad as I had expected.  The nurse who did the injection was great!

P.S. Anyone want a cat????

2 comments:

Lori Garbarino said...

I am so hurting for you! :(

Hope you feel better soon and put Weasel outside

Lori

Krista Sanders said...

You looked GREAT this weekend. Now that I am not around you don't have to protect your arm quite so much!